ASPEC is a social community with many opportunities to make friends and have fun
- Social Hour every Thursday afternoon.
- Bridge every week.
- Lunch with ”Women speak” interest group once a month.
- Dinner Out once a month at an interesting restaurant.
- Foreign films at the Lewis House center, every Wednesday night.
- International film series hosted by Eckerd college. Notable films, introduced by professors and guest film directors.
- Readers Theater performed and directed by ASPEC members.
- Group subscriptions to American Stage theater.
- Special Outings to museums (such as Ringling and the Museum of Fine Arts), to shopping emporiums, to the Tampa Bay Rays baseball stadium and to the race track.
- Special Events such as the New Year’s Day Reception, a Valentine celebration, the Fourth of July Picnic, Autumn Lunch with the Eckerd College freshmen, a Halloween Party and the December Holiday Brunch.
- Intercollegiate games on campus.
- Waterfront activities at Eckerd College on Boca Ciega Bay. Members can use sailboats and kayaks and enroll in adult classes that range from Beginning on Small Boats to Advanced and Cruising, Windsurfing, Kayaking and Navigation.
Members are encouraged to expand these social activities.
A bike tour to Fort DeSoto or on the Pinellas bike trails? A trip to the circus? A hike in a nature preserve? A Photo Safari? Wine tasting? A cruise? Just float the idea and you’re likely to find fellow enthusiasts.