Skip to main content

Reporting Mechanisms

Use one of the reporting mechanisms below by first clicking on the heading to report violations of policy, troubling behavior or criminal activity to the appropriate authorities.

In case of a life threatening emergency, call 911 then call Campus Safety, 727.864.8260.

Academic Complaints

Academic complaints include grade appeals, appeals of an Academic Honor Council decision and any complaints of an academic nature.

Academic Integrity and Honor Code

All students, faculty and staff are expected to report violations of the Honor Code.

Accessibility/504 Complaints

Students, faculty, staff and visitors may file disability-related grievances.

Accidents and Injuries

For individuals that were involved in an accident, were injured, or have an illness while working, participating in a College sponsored event or activity, or while on Eckerd College.

Community Standards

This form is designed to provide the Eckerd College community, which includes, but is not limited to students, student organizations, faculty, administrators, staff, guests, visitors, invitees, and campers with an online method to report specific information related to an alleged incident(s) of policy violations.  See EC-Book (Student Code of Conduct)

Copyright Infringements

The Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Pub. L. 105-304, requires the designation of an agent to receive claimed copyright infringement notifications. Use this mechanism if you believe your work is being infringed upon by an Internet property owned by Eckerd College.

Dispute Resolution Between Students

Contact your Resident Advisor (RA) directly or email to begin the process.

Facilities, Grounds and Custodial

Submit a work request (guest login, non-trackable) or call Facilities Management at 727.864.8262 (Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; outside these days and hours, please call Campus Safety at 727.864.8260).

European Union Citizens General Data Protection (GDPR)

Eckerd College has reviewed and updated its privacy policy to keep pace with our growing international user base to ensure that we continue to communicate how we are keeping their data secure. To exercise your data rights under the GDPR, please contact us at

Human Resources

Speak with a member of Human Resources staff regarding employee information.

Information Technology Issues

If you believe your Eckerd account or data has been compromised, please report this incident by emailing For other non-security technology issues, students and employees can submit an ITS Helpdesk Ticket to receive assistance.

Non-Academic Complaints

Non-Academic complaints can involve campus activities, community standards (including appeals of sanctions), dining facilities, financial aid, the health/counseling center, housing, meal plans, parking, pets on campus, staff, student accounts/billing and student conduct.

Notifying Professors of a Crisis

Students who must miss class because of a major crisis—including hospitalization, family injury or death, or accident—should contact professors directly via email.

Silent Witness

For individuals who have information about an individual, safety issue, potential crime, or incident and wish to report it anonymously.

Students of Concern Referrals

All students, faculty members and staff members can utilize the CARE Referral Form to notify Student Affairs of academic, emotional or health concerns facing students.

Title IX

Eckerd College is committed to an environment free from discrimination for all of its faculty, staff, students and visitors. To report an incident of discrimination, sexual harassment, dating or domestic violence, stalking, or sexual assault, fill out this form.