Professor of Chinese Language and Literature
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
toll-free: (800) 456-9009
11 reasons to study Chinese language and culture at Eckerd?
- The Chinese language has the most speakers in the world.
- Chinese is among the official languages used at the United Nations.
- According to the Chronicle of Higher Education, students who can write Chinese characters score higher in mathematics.
- The Chinese civilization is one of the oldest and richest in the world.
- China has many places of historic interest and scenic beauty such as The Great Wall.
- China is rapidly evolving into a significant economic and political power.
- Courses in Chinese can fulfill the Eckerd language requirement.
- Courses in Chinese can fulfill the Phi Beta Kappa language requirement.
- Courses in Chinese language and culture are a great way to fulfill major requirements in International Business, International Relations, International Studies, or East Asian Studies (as well as minor requirements in East Asian Studies and Chinese).
- Designated Chinese culture courses can satisfy the global perspective requirement.
- Courses in Chinese open up great opportunities to study abroad.