- News & Events
- Public Events Calendar
- News Center Archive
- Eckerd in the News
- College Program Series
- Events Archive
- Events Photo Gallery
- Points of Pride
- Inside Eckerd Newsletter
- Office of Marketing and Communications
- 'The Current' Student Newspaper
Office of Marketing and Communications
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
toll-free: (800) 456-9009
fax: (727) 864-1877
News & Events
Eckerd Men's Basketball's Wayne Sears Jr. '12 and Woody Taylor '13 Named to NABC's Honors Court
By Ben Schlesselman, Sports Information Director
Originally posted on Eckerd College Athletics website
Eckerd College upperclassmen Wayne Sears Jr. and Woody Taylor were both recognized as selections to the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) Honors Court for their academic accomplishments in the 2011-12 year.
This is the second consecutive year for Sears Jr., a senior who graduated with his degree in management, and Taylor, a junior working towards his degree in international business, to be named to the NABC Honors Court. Both were also part of the Tritons' five selections to the Sunshine State Conference Commissioner's Honor Roll for the spring semester.
The NABC Honors Court recognizes the talents and gifts that all honorees possess off the court, and the hard work they exhibit in the classroom. In order to be named to the Honors Court, each student-athlete must meet a high standard of academic criteria. The qualifications are as follows:
1. Academically a junior or senior and a varsity player.
2. Cumulative G.P.A. of 3.2 or higher at the conclusion of the 2011-12 academic year.
3. Students must have matriculated at least one year at their current institution.
4. Member of an NCAA Division I, II, III, or NAIA Institution.