The mission of the Religious Life department is to challenge the mind, nurture the spirit and develop the talents of all those who utilize its services.Read Our Covenant
Spiritual and religious life programming
We exist to help students grow spiritually, provide a safe place for students to ask the big questions of life and reach out to and provide service for the EC community and larger community.
- Catholic Mass
- Eckerd Hillel
- Prayer room for Muslim students, faculty, and staff
- Student clubs for Christian Bible study and worship
- Buddhist monthly meditation
- Dorm Campus conversations and dinners with professors
- Weekly chapel meditation and yoga classes
- Carpooling to local churches, mosques, temples, and houses of worship
- Interfaith Leadership Council
The College maintains relationships with Islamic, Hindu, Buddhist, and other religious communities in the Tampa Bay area to ensure that all students have access to resources in support of their spiritual journey.
- To bring together students, staff and faculty to foster a continuing and challenging campus conversation about spiritual issues.
- To provide a forum for public education and discussion focused on the role of religion and spiritual life in the contemporary world.
- To offer through the Campus Ministries program means of enriching the spiritual lives and understanding of our students.
- To nurture religious pluralism
on campus and develop interfaith cooperation throughout the entire college community.