Summer Science Splash is a week-long residential summer camp hosted by Eckerd College for students entering 7th, 8th, or 9th grade in Fall 2023.
- Spend your days in the college’s new $25 million, state-of-the-art James Center for Molecular and Life Sciences performing a variety of science experiments with the latest hi-tech equipment used by both college students and research scientists!
- Work closely with Eckerd College science faculty, certified science teachers, and Eckerd College students majoring in the sciences!
- Spend your evenings participating in games, watching movies, contributing to team activities and more. Between daily experiments and evening events, work with your team to gain points for prizes!
You do not need to have an advanced understanding of science to attend, but you are expected to be excited and motivated to learn.
Funding and support
Summer Science Splash Camp is funded by the II-VI Foundation; their mission is “To encourage and enable students to pursue a career in engineering, science and mathematics while maintaining a standard of excellence.”
Session II: TBD 2023
Cost includes: participation in all science labs and activities, use of college recreational facilities, meals, lodging, snacks and camp t-shirt.
Junior Teaching Assistant positions have been created for students who have previously attended Summer Science Splash camp but are no longer age eligible. Learn More & Apply.
Room & Board
Participants will live on the Eckerd College campus in St. Petersburg on Florida’s Gulf Coast.
Our 188-acre waterfront campus provides a magnificent atmosphere and safe environment. Eckerd College is located in St. Petersburg, just off I-275 exit 17.Directions & Map
At the conclusion of daily labs, campers are supervised in the late afternoon, evenings and overnight by well-trained Eckerd College students who are eager to share their enthusiasm for science and teamwork.
Students will live in air-conditioned Eckerd College student residence halls reserved exclusively for Summer Science Splash participants. Counselors will be present in each residence hall.
Campers will eat in the main cafeteria located just steps from the residence halls. Nutritious, youth-friendly food is served on a daily basis in the summer. We can accommodate allergies, gluten free, vegetarian and a variety of other special diets.
Please be sure to complete the following items to register your student. Registration must be completed in this order:
- Registration Form/Payment
- Medical Information Form
- Parental Release and Waiver
Your registration will not be complete until we are in receipt of the mandatory items.
Summer Health Protocols
The College may need to implement various COVID protocols at any or all scheduled camps based on the percentage of positivity rates within the United States, the State of Florida, Pinellas County or any surrounding counties.
Cancellation/ Refund Policy
|60 days before start date||100%|
|30 days before start date||50%|
|20 days before start date||20%|
|<20 days before start date||0%|
The processing fee of $25 is non-refundable for those who withdraw from the program. If students are not accepted into the program, they will receive a full refund.
No refund will be issued for the following:
- If a participant fails to show up for the program.
- If a participant is dismissed from the program by the College.
Participants who cancel their registration and are eligible for a refund should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 727.864-8312.