It takes at least four years to prepare for one’s career, and the Career Services staff connects with the first-year class every Autumn Term to introduce our office and our resources. When students begin their career exploration early, it allows us to offer guidance through their entire professional development and provide personalized support forever, even after graduation.
What we do in Career Services
We believe that with guidance and dedication, all students can find meaningful careers. Our job is to provide students with the skills and resources they need to become competitive applicants and confident professionals, and we do this through one-on-one appointments, small group workshops, alumni mentoring, and many other unique programs.
- Our Career Advisors each hold master’s degrees and can provide guidance on applying to graduate school.
- Our Employer Relations & Internships Coordinator is dedicated to fostering relationships with top employers, locating jobs and internships of interest to Eckerd students, and overseeing the Career Mentors and Career Contacts programs.
- We manage TritonTrack, Eckerd’s online jobs database for students and alumni—and we curate 100 full-time, part-time, and internship positions every week.
- There’s no limit to the number of appointments a student can make. Our doors are open to alumni for life, meaning Eckerd graduates can utilize our services until they retire.
Career advising appointments are currently offered virtually. We are still working diligently to help you reach your goals: our Career Advisors are ready to assist you with job and internship applications, search strategy, grad school, and more. Please see Services for a brief overview of resources to utilize and steps to take during this time.
See more information about the College’s plans to address the COVID-19 pandemic and the Eckerd Together pledge.
- Advise each student as an individual, honoring the uniqueness of their dreams and aspirations
- Identify and engage students who do not actively seek out career advising
- Help students discover their career potential through self-reflection and direct experience such as Eckerd’s Student Employment Program, job shadowing, informational interviews, and internships
- Take our work seriously, but not ourselves: we maintain a collaborative and welcoming environment in which all students are recognized and championed