Excellence in International Studies Award
The Excellence in International Studies Award is given to a senior majoring in International Studies who–through language study, a regionally focused academic program, and extended study abroad–has embraced the global value of the College and demonstrated future promise through scholarly achievement.
- 2014 – Jessica Kruger
- 2013 (inaugural year) – Monica Himler, double major in International Studies and Spanish
- International Studies Association (ISA) – The International Studies Association (ISA) has been the premier organization for connecting scholars and practitioners in fields of international studies since 1959.
- Asia Society – Asia Society is the leading educational organization dedicated to promoting mutual understanding and strengthening partnerships among peoples, leaders and institutions of Asia and the United States in a global context.
- The Association for Asian Studies (AAS) – The Association for Asian Studies — the largest society of its kind, with approximately 8,000 members worldwide — is a scholarly, non-political, non-profit professional association open to all persons interested in Asia.
- Latin American Studies Association (LASA) – The Latin American Studies Association (LASA) is the largest professional Association in the world for individuals and institutions engaged in the study of Latin America.
- Middle East Studies Association (MESA) – The Middle East Studies Association (MESA) is a private, non-profit, non-political learned society that brings together scholars, educators and those interested in the study of the region from all over the world.
Katherine Pace ’16
Major: International Studies & Spanish
Hometown: Bradenton, FL
Katherine has spent a Winter Term studying Spanish intensively in Madrid, Spain, and completed a semester abroad to Spain in the spring of 2015. Katherine chose an International Studies major because she enjoys traveling while learning about and examining the cultures and histories of other countries. With a focus in Anthropology, she hopes to gain a deeper knowledge of the important aspects of Spanish culture and society. In the future, she plans to apply for the Fulbright Scholarship to teach English abroad for a year upon graduation.