Giving is a catalyst for turning individual gifts into collective energy.
That energy is the result of a dynamic interaction of people working together to achieve great things for Eckerd College.
With their gifts, alumni, parents and friends have altered the landscape of the College and made a lasting impact on the lives of every student through scholarships, library books, laboratory equipment and more. In fact, giving augments every aspect of the educational experience and is critical for the College to meet its annual budget and long-range financial goals.
To make a credit card gift or let us know a check is coming, call us at
Send your check (payable to Eckerd College) to:
Office of Advancement
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
See below for transfer instructions for appreciated stocks and bonds (or securities).
“The Barbara J. Lannin Memorial Endowed Scholarship for Creative Writing gave me an opportunity to study my passions of film and creative writing at an amazing and eclectic college like Eckerd. This will always be a life-changing experience for me.”
—Zachary Brown ’21
“Being a first-generation college student has presented many challenges, one of them being financing my studies. The Emily Atkins Endowed Scholarship for Women offered me a chance to stay at Eckerd. This scholarship has done more for me than I could ever explain in a short paragraph.”
—Jenna Woodall ’22
“The spring of sophomore year, I had a family emergency, and Eckerd became my home away from home. Due to amazing benefactors, I was able to continue my education. This school did change my life, and I am forever grateful.”
—Gianna-Rose D’Amico ’21
Making a Gift to Eckerd
Ways to Give
- Make a credit card gift online at eckerd.edu/giving.
- Send a check payable to Eckerd College to: Eckerd College, Office of Advancement, 4200 54th Avenue South, St. Petersburg, Florida 33711.
- Set up a monthly transfer from a bank account or credit card by contacting Tom Schneider, associate vice president for development, at 727.864.8409 or email@example.com.
- Stock or other marketable securities can be transferred directly to the College.
Annual giving is a catalyst for turning individual gifts into collective energy. That energy is the result of a dynamic interaction of people working together to achieve great things for Eckerd College. With their gifts, alumni, parents, faculty, staff and friends enhance the landscape of the College and make a lasting impact on the lives of every student through scholarships, library books, classroom and laboratory equipment, and more. In fact, annual giving augments every aspect of the educational experience and is critical for the College to meet its annual budget and long-range financial goals. Even as we seek to grow the endowment, support capital projects and provide for College programs, we must continue to rely on annual support, which is the lifeblood of Eckerd College.
Major and Planned Giving
Major gifts can be structured in a variety of ways that allow everyone to participate. Eckerd’s gift officers can work with you and your financial planner, attorney or other adviser to structure your gift in a way that takes greatest advantage of tax and estate planning guidelines and also realizes your goals for supporting Eckerd College.
Eckerd College offers a variety of gift options for those who wish to commemorate a particular individual or group.
- Establishing a named scholarship or academic program will make the greatest impact on the College’s students and faculty.
- Facilities, rooms and other on-campus spaces may, in some circumstances, be named to recognize a significant gift that made possible construction, renovation or operation.
- Planting a commemorative tree requires a minimum gift of $1,500 to fully fund the purchase, installation and ongoing maintenance of the tree. Commemorative trees must be consistent with the College’s Master Plan. In lieu of tree plaques, tributes in honor or memorium are recognized on the Campus Tributes Map.
- In special situations, the College may choose to install a plaque or other significant marker to recognize extraordinary contributions or achievements.
Campus Tributes Map
Transferring appreciated stocks and bonds (or securities)
Instructions for Charitable Gifts of Marketable Securities
Please follow these instructions carefully to ensure there is no delay in making your gift. The method of transfer depends on whether the security is held in street name by a broker or held/registered in the donor’s name.
Security Is Held in Street Name by a Broker
- Instruct the donor’s broker to transfer the stock or bond to the following brokerage account with Charles Schwab (1.877.681.2200): Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
DTC Clearing #0164, Code 40
To Account Name: Eckerd College Trading
Account # 3054-7513
Eckerd College Tax ID # 59-0859121
- Notify the College of the pending transfer by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 727.864.8222 with the name of your broker, a description of the stock, and any applicable restrictions.
Security Is Held or Registered in the Donor’s Name
- Prepare two envelopes for registered or certified mail to the following address: Eckerd College, Office of Advancement
4200 54th Avenue South
St. Petersburg, Florida 33711-4744
- In the first envelope, include the unsigned certificate(s) along with a cover letter describing the purpose of the gift.
- In the second envelope, include a stock or bond power that has been properly signed and guaranteed. The name(s) on this document must exactly match the name(s) on the certificate(s) in the first envelope.
- Mail both envelopes using registered or certified mail. The gift is complete as of the postmark date.
- Notify the College of the pending transfer by sending an email to email@example.com or calling 727.864.8222.
Please note that the College cannot determine the value of your gift for tax purposes, as it involves information unavailable to the College. Please consult your broker or tax adviser for more information.