College is a period of rapid transition and dramatic transformation as students begin to explore independence and evaluate their traditions, values, perspectives, hopes and visions for their future.
Eckerd College is excited to announce the launch of a new residential College Prep summer program. Building on the success of existing Pre-College programming, College Prep at Eckerd will offer students a guided opportunity to investigate the broad array of what college does, how it does it, and what college offers them.
- Live in St. Petersburg, FL
- Rising Junior or Senior (Fall 2022)
- Maximum annual household income of $78,800 (est. family of 4)
Students enrolled in this program will:
- Practice navigating life as an autonomous adult in a college setting
- Prepare for the academic rigor of college through accelerated course work in a liberal arts subject
- Complete assessments to expand self awareness of strengths, weaknesses, and areas for improvement
- Develop socio-emotional skills and mental health awareness, to impart the ideas and habits needed for college success
- Assess the best higher ed environment for their personal success
- Draft a resume, college application and admissions essay with mentorship from Eckerd Faculty
- Explore financial and social resources for support
- Enjoy evening activities led by our residential counselors
City of St. Petersburg
College Prep at Eckerd is funded by the City of St. Petersburg Youth Development Grant program which provides funding opportunities to local non-profit organizations who provide services to St. Pete youth. This program expands on the mayoral education and community initiatives that are designed to provide additional opportunities to St. Pete’s youth and businesses.
Room and Board
Few colleges have a more attractive setting than Eckerd College. Our 188-acre waterfront campus provides a magnificent atmosphere and safe environment. Eckerd College is located in St. Petersburg, just off I-275 exit 17.Directions & Map
Residential counselors work with students in the late afternoons, evenings and overnight. Staff consists of well-trained Eckerd College students eager to share their enthusiasm for learning.
Students will live in air-conditioned Eckerd College student residence halls, double- or triple- room occupancy, reserved exclusively for participants in this program. Counselors will be present in each single sex residence hall.
Student participants will eat in the main cafeteria which can accommodate allergies and vegetarian diets. If you have particular needs, please be sure to note them on the registration form.
Faculty information coming soon.