Assistant Professor of Spanish
- Ph.D., Spanish, Minor in Portuguese, University of Wisconsin Madison
- M. A., Spanish, University of South Florida
- B. A., Philosophy, University of South Florida
- Elementary Spanish
- Intermediate Spanish
- Cuban Literature
My research interests include Afro Latinx cultures, literatures, and visual arts of the southern cone; gender and Afro Latin/x culture; Afro Latinx music; Afro Caribbean cultures and literatures; Latin American poetry of 19th, 20th, and 21st centuries; Afro Latin/x religions; cultural history of Afro Cuban religions; Afro Cuban religions in the U.S.; Afro Cuban culture and literatures; African religions in Africa/philosophy of African religions; and philosophy of language, aesthetics, and ethics.
- Poetry Book: Las veces que Azrael no se detuvo. Editorial Valparaíso. Granada. España. 2018.
- Translation: Antología poética traducida de Herman Melville. Transl. by Axel Presas. Editorial Poéticas. España. 2020.