The following is an appeal process for students who dispute financial charges and amounts due on their Eckerd College student account.
- Students should meet with a Student Account Representative to discuss the amount and nature of the disagreement and the reason why the student feels the charge is incorrect.
- This meeting should occur within (60) days of the initial billing of a disputed charge.
- The Student Accounts Representative reviews and responds immediately to the student’s dispute.
- If the response is considered incorrect by the student, the student may appeal by completing the appeal form within (30) days of the initial meeting.
- The completed form should be submitted to the Bursar who will present the appeal to the Appeals Committee.
- The members of the Appeal Committee are as following:
- Associate Chief Financial Officer
- Financial Aid Director
The committee will meet on a monthly basis or as often as necessary to review and make the appropriate decisions on pending appeals. Once a decision is made, a response letter with an explanation of the decision will be E-mailed to the student’s college domain electronic address.
The Bursar will keep a report of all appeals submitted and the resolution made for each appeal.