Frequently Asked Questions

Last updated June 8, 2021

What is the difference between Financial Aid Office and Bursar’s Office?
The Financial Aid Office determines a student’s eligibility for financial aid, makes an award and disburses the financial aid to the student’s account. The Bursar’s Office is responsible for the billing and collections of tuition and fees and processing refunds.

When will I receive my bill and when is it due?
Fall billing is usually available online by June 15 and spring billing is available by December 1st. Fall semester bill is due August 3, 2021 and spring semester is due January 3, 2022.

What method of payments does the College accept?
The College accepts personal checks, third-party checks, credit card payments, ACH payments (on-line only), and bank wire transfers.

Is there a fee charge for a credit card payment?
Effective July 1, 2018, there is a 2.85% convenience fee assessed when you make a debit or credit card payment. The college does not receive any part of the convenience fee, the fee will appear as a separate transaction on the card holder’s billing statement.
Debit and credit card payments are accepted online only through the student’s ebill account.

Why was I charged a late fee?
A late fee of $65 is assessed on all payments received after the due dates. In addition, a monthly finance charge at a rate of 4% above prime is assessed on all outstanding balances.

Does the College offer a payment plan?
The College does offer a monthly payment plan administered by CashNet, the plan will allow you to make 10-month payment plan to cover the annual amount due. To enroll in the payment plan the student can access the link from their ECWeb page. Student must issue access to parents to the payment plan option, this can be done once the student logins to the CashNet site. There is a $55 application fee to enroll in the payment plan with CashNet.

How do I access my account on-line?
You may access your online account through ECWeb, once you login you find the link to ebill account.

How can I change my meal plan?
You must complete a meal change form; you may change your meal plan during the first two weeks of each semester only. You can manage and monitor your meal plan account online.

I do not want a meal plan, what should I do to have the charge removed?
All students living in residence halls except for Omega, must participate in a meal plan. This requirement ensures that students are meeting necessities for proper nutrition while having the opportunity to engage socially with their peers over shared meals.

If I do not use all of my meals will I be refunded?
Unused meals are not refunded. Unused block meals and flex dollars are transferable from fall to spring semester as long as the meal plan is of equal value.

How can I use my financial aid to purchase books?
Students with excess financial aid may charge books to their student account by completing the “Bookstore Authorization” form. You may download the form from the Bursar’s webpage, once the form is completed and returned to the Bursar’s office it normally takes 24 hours for approval. This option is not available for the short term (Autumn and Winter).

When will my financial aid be applied to my account and when will I receive my refund?
Financial Aid funds are disbursed to the student account after the end of add/drop period. Refunds generated by financial aid funds are not available until after enrollment is confirmed and all financial aid disbursed. Students must complete a Title IV Authorization form which can be downloaded from the Bursar’s webpage; you will be notified by email when your check is ready to pick-up.

How can I use my work-study to pay my balance?
Work-study agreements may be signed to apply your earnings to your student account balance. The “Work-Study Agreement” can be downloaded from the Bursar’s webpage.

Why is my account on hold if I have scholarship and financial aid?
A hold is placed on an account when there is a past due balance or if the balance is not covered by financial aid. Until the balance is paid the hold will remain on your account, you may contact the Bursar’s office to satisfy the hold.

Where do I obtain proof of enrollment for insurance purposes?
Proof of enrollment may be obtained from the Registrar’s Office.

I have a complex damage charge on my account, how do I find out what this is for?
You may contact the Residence Life office at 727.864.8899, or, visit the website for the detail damage report.

I do not understand my bill, who can I contact for further explanation?
You may stop by the Bursar’s office (Student Accounts) located in Franklin Templeton building, 1st floor, room# 164 between 8:30am – 5:00pm; or, you may call direct 727.864;8321 or 8352, toll free 1.800.456.9009, ext. #8321 or #8352.

I am not registered and I do not plan to return for next semester, why am I receiving a bill for next semester?
All students are billed for the upcoming semester unless an official withdrawal or college leave is completed. It is the student’s responsibility to notify the Dean of Students office of their withdrawal or college leave. Once the official withdrawal or college leave is processed the semester charges will be canceled.