Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Math, Physics, and Computer Science 217
- Ph.D, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne
- M.S., University of Marburg, Germany
- Calculus 1
- Calculus 3
My work is in the area of low dimensional geometry and topology. I’m interested in systolic geometry and harmonic forms on surfaces. Most of my work is on hyperbolic surfaces.
- Buser P., Makover E., Muetzel B. and Silhol R.:Energy distribution of harmonic 1-forms and Jacobians of Riemann surfaces with a short closed geodesic,54 pages, to appear in Mathematische Zeitschrift (2020), https://doi.org/10.1007/
- Muetzel B.:The Jacobian of a Riemann surface and the geometry of the cut locus of simple closed geodesics, Ann. Acad. Sci. Fenn. Math. 42(2017), 693-721.
- Massart D. and Muetzel B.:On the intersection form of surfaces, Manuscripta Mathematica 143 (1-2) (2014), 19-49.