In the event of an emergency or an impending weather event, official communications will be posted below.
- Monitoring Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
In an abundance of caution, starting Thursday, January 14, until Tuesday, January 19, the College will teach remotely and limit activities on campus to focus on containing transmission of coronavirus. We will provide an update via email on our operations on Monday, January 18.
Common protective actions
- Remain calm and encourage others to do the same.
- If possible, create distance between you and the hazard and warn others as you seek a safe location or evacuate.
- Offer evacuation or relocation assistance to individuals with disabilities. If they choose to remain, inform emergency responders of their location(s).
- Once in a safe location, remain in place until given direction by emergency responders and public safety officials.
Information about Eckerd College cancellations, closings, and openings are broadcast on TV channels WFLA 8, Bay News 9, WTSP 10, and WTVT 13; and radio stations WHPT 102.5 FM, WXTB 97.9 FM, WFLA 970 AM, and WQYK 1010 AM.