Providing a safe and carefree environment in which to live, learn and work is a main objective of Eckerd College.
In the event of an emergency or an impending weather event, official communications will be posted below.
- Fully Operational
Eckerd College is fully operational at this time. In case of emergency, an alert will be issued and information will be posted here.
We’re here for you
- Overnight Guests – Learn about our guest policy
- Register a Vehicle – For Eckerd students, staff and faculty
- Parking Appeals – For Eckerd students, staff and faculty
- Parking Appeals – For visitors to campus with no formal affiliation with Eckerd
- Silent Witness – Submit anonymous tips
Reporting an Incident
All students, employees, and guests are encouraged to report criminal incidents, accidents, and other emergencies promptly to the Department of Campus Safety and Security, either by phone (727-864-8260) or in person at the main business office or the Welcome Center. Additionally, incidents can be reported to any uniformed Campus Safety and Security Officer.
In certain circumstances (reports of theft, vandalism, lost property, or harassment), an online report can be filed. In all other circumstances, we encourage reports to be filed in person or via phone.
Individuals must assume responsibility for their own personal safety and the security of their personal belongings by taking simple, common sense precautions.
- Although the campus is well-lighted, any student, male or female, may feel more comfortable by requesting escort service when returning to the residence halls late at night.
- Dorm room doors and windows should be locked at all times, but especially at night and when the room is unoccupied.
- Valuable items, such as stereos, cameras, and televisions, should be conspicuously marked. An engraving service is offered by the Office of Campus Safety and Security at no charge.
- Bicycles must be registered with the Campus Safety office and should be secured with a sturdy “U” lock.
- Students with cars must park them in their assigned area and keep their vehicles locked at all times.
- Valuables should be locked in the trunk.
You should report any suspicious-looking individuals whom you feel do not belong in your residence halls or any unusual incidents in and around the residence halls to the Campus Safety office at extension 8260; off-campus dial direct call 727-864-8260.