- Lock the doors and windows if possible, lower the blinds and turn off the lights. Remain out of sight and away from the doors and windows.
- Do NOT let anyone enter a locked room
- Have ONE person from the room call 911 to give details and information. Remain quiet and turn off cell phone ringers.
- Remain in place until authorities give an ALL-CLEAR notification.
- When directed, move with hands open and elevated to show law enforcement you are not a threat.
- If outside, stay alert and take cover behind vehicles, thick walls and trees.
Be sure to check out the Department of Homeland Security’s video Options for Consideration Active Shooter Training Video.