Receiving a Threat
If you are receiving a bomb threat, do the following:
- Be calm and listen carefully. Obtain as much information as possible.
- Use the Bomb Threat Checklist to guide you.
- Do not interrupt or antagonize the caller.
After You Have Hung Up
Once the caller has been disconnected, do the following:
- Call 911 and report the threat and then call Campus Safety.
- Do not use a cellphone, instead use a landline.
- Complete the Bomb Threat Checklist questions regarding the caller.
- Survey your immediate area and note any suspicious or unfamiliar items.
- Follow the instructions of first responders.
Things Not to Do
- Do NOT panic
- Do NOT turn on/off electrical equipment
- Do NOT use your cellphone
- Do NOT pull the fire alarm
- Do NOT begin an evacuation of the building