Academic Course Offerings
Courses will be open for viewing in mid-April.
During the summer, courses may be taken in a variety of formats: classroom-based and self-study (Independent, Directed, Summer Individual Study).
$1,484 per course
Register for Classes
Registration for Eckerd College Students
- Registration for classes on ECWeb beginning April 24 and continues through the first day of class. Early registration is encouraged as some classes may cancel prior to the opening day or fill prior to the first day of class.
- Review General Information/Deadlines and registration information before registering by logging into myEckerd.
- Register for directed studies or summer individual students on ECWeb (link needed) beginning on April 18.
- Early registration is encouraged as some faculty may not be accessible over the summer.
More about Summer Individual Study or Directed Study Registration:
- Open registration: April 24 – June 15
- For EC students, Web registration available only until June 15th. After June 15th, students must register at the Summer School Office.
- All work must be completed by August 3.
More about Independent Study Registration:
- Open registration: April 24 – June 15
- Web registration is not available for Independent Study projects.
- Contracts are required and are available online, at the Registrar’s Office and Summer School Office. Contracts must be completed and submitted to the Registrar’s Office by the dates above.
- All work must be completed by August 3. See postings on this site for Independent Study Ideas.
Registration for Non-Eckerd College Students
Drop/Add, Withdrawal and Refund Deadlines
|Drop/Add||Session A – By May 31|
Session B – By June 26
|Withdrawal with W Grade||Session A – By June 18|
Session B – By July 16
|Withdrawal with F Grade||Session A – After June 18|
Session B – After July 16
|Refunds||100% refund for classes dropped by 5 p.m. of the first class day (or by 9 a.m. of the second-class day for classes meeting after 5 p.m.). No refunds after the above time period.|
Independent, Directed and Summer Individual Study
|Drop with Full Refund||By June 16 – No Refunds after June 16|
|Withdrawal with W Grade||By June 16|
|Withdrawal with F Grade||After July 16|
Independent, Directed and Summer Individual Studies
There are no scheduled classes. Students work independently under the supervision of the faculty. Many Independent, Directed and Summer Individual Studies do not require personal meetings or conferences between the faculty member and student. Written or e-mail correspondence, telephone communication and, in some instances, electronic bulletin boards provide the faculty/student interaction. Some courses, however, will require periodic meetings with the instructor.
How do Independent, Directed and Summer Individual Studies Differ?
Directed Study courses are Eckerd College courses that have been specifically adapted to and formally approved for delivery as courses to be taken outside the formal classroom setting. For each Directed Study course there exists an approved study guide syllabus. As list of approved Directed Study courses can be found in the course catalog. It is the responsibility of the student to obtain the syllabus from the instructor.
Summer Individual Study courses are Eckerd College catalog courses which may be taken in an individual study format only during the summer. These courses are adapted for Individual Study by the sponsoring professor who provides a syllabus. It is the responsibility of the student to obtain the syllabus from the instructor.
Independent Study courses allow students the opportunity to pursue areas of study and research in which no course work is offered but for which appropriate faculty resources exist. Independent Study projects allow students greater flexibility to pursue studies that are either of special interest to them or necessary for the completion of their degree requirements. Contracts are available online, at the Registrar’s Office and the Summer School Office. Read all instructions carefully.