Professor of Chemistry
- Ph.D., Chemistry, University of Georgia
- B.Sc., Jefferson University
Computational modeling of boron-containing small molecules as saccharide sensors and cancer treatments
- CH 121 General Chemistry I
- CH 122 General Chemistry II
- CH 321 Physical Chemistry I
- CH 322/324 Physical Chemistry II
- J.D. Larkin and C.W. Bock; A Comparison of the Structure and Bonding in the Donor-Acceptor Complexes H3N→BR(OH)2 and H3N→BRH(OH) (R = H; NH2, OH, and F): A Computational Investigation. Struct Chem, 2018.
- B.M. Chapin, P. Metola, S.L. Vankayala, H.L. Woodcock, T.J. Mooibroek, V.M. Lynch, J.D. Larkin, E.V. Anslyn; “Disaggregation is a Mechanism for Emission Turn-On of ortho-Aminomethylphenylboronic Acid-Based Saccharide Sensors” JACS, 2017, 139, 5568.
- Venkayala; F. Kearns; J.D. Larkin; B. Baker; H.L. Woodcock; “Elucidating the Chemical Defense Mechanism of Antarctic Sea Sponges: A Computational Study” Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling, 2017, 71, 104.
- Rao; Larkin, J.D.; Bock, C.W; “Monosubstituted Phenylboronic Acids, R–B(OH)2(R = C6H5, C6H4CH3, C6H4NH2, C6H4OH, and C6H4F): A Computational Investigation” Structural Chemistry. 2017, 28, 945.
- N. Rao; Larkin, J.D.; Bock, C.W; “A Comparison of the Bonding in the Aliphatic Boronic Acids R–B(OH)2 and H3N→BR(OH)2 (R = H; NH2, OH, and F) and Their Borinic Acid Analogs: A Computational Investigation” Structural Chemistry. 2016, 27, 1081.