Associate Professor of Chemistry
- CH 121 General Chemistry I
- CH 122 General Chemistry II
Dr. Maciejczyk’s research interests are in the area of atmospheric chemistry, meteorology, and air pollution. Through chemical analysis and statistical modeling she investigates the sources of metals in ambient particles and their effects on human health.
- Maciejczyk P, Jin L, Hwang J-S, Guo X, Zhong M, Thurston G, Qu Q, Zhang J, Sun Q, Chen L-C. (2018) Association of cardiovascular responses in mice with source-apportioned PM2.5 air pollution in Beijing. Aerosol and Air Quality Research, 18:1839-1852
- Khodeir M, Shamy S, Alghamdi M, Zhong M, Sun H, Costa M, Chen L, Maciejczyk P. (2012) Source apportionment and elemental composition of PM2.5 and PM10 in Jeddah City, Saudi Arabia. Atmospheric Pollution Research 3:331‐340.
- Maciejczyk P, Zhong M, Lippmann M, Chen L. (2010) Oxidant generation capacity of source-apportioned PM2.5. Inhalation Toxicology. 22 Suppl 2:29-36.
- Doherty SP, Prophete C, Maciejczyk P, Salnikow K, Gould T, Larson T, Koenig J, Jaques P, Sioutas C, Zelikoff JT, Lippmann M, Cohen MD. (2007) Detection of changes in alveolar macrophage iron status induced by select PM2.5-associated components using iron-response protein binding activity. Inhalation Toxicology, 19:553-62
- Lippmann M, Ito K, Hwang JS, Maciejczyk P, Chen LC. (2006) Cardiovascular effects of nickel in ambient air. Environmental Health Perspectives, 114:1662-9
- Prophete C, Maciejczyk P, Salnikow K, Gould T, Larson T, Koenig J, Jaques P, Sioutas C, Lippmann M, Cohen M. (2006) Effects of select PM-associated metals on alveolar macrophage phosphorylated- ERK 1 and 2 and iNOS expression during ongoing alteration in iron homeostasis. J Toxicology and Environmental Health, 69:935-51
- Maciejczyk PB, Zeisler R, Hwang JS, Thurston GD, Chen LC. (2005) Characterization of size-fractionated World Trade Center dust and estimation of relative dust contribution to ambient particulate concentrations. Urban Aerosols and Their Impacts: Lessons Learned from the World Trade Center Tragedy, ACS Symposium Book, Washington, DC. Chapter 8.
- Maciejczyk PB, Zhong M, Li Q, Nadziejko C, Chen LC. (2005) Effects of subchronic exposures to concentrated ambient particles (CAPs) in mice: II. The design of a concentrated ambient particulate matter exposure system for biometric telemetry monitoring.Inhalation Toxicology, 17:189-197.
- Maciejczyk PB, Chen LC. (2005) Effects of subchronic exposures to concentrated ambient particles (CAPs) in mice: VIII. Source-related daily variations in in vitro responses to CAPs. Inhalation Toxicology, 17:243-253.
- Lippmann M, Hwang JS, Maciejczyk PB, Chen LC. (2005) PM source apportionment for short-term cardiac function changes in ApoE-/- mice. Environmental Health Perspectives. 113(11):1575-9.
- Maciejczyk PB, Offenberg JH, Clemente J, Blaustein M, Thurston GD, Chen LC. (2004) Ambient pollutant concentrations measured by a mobile laboratory in South Bronx, NY. Atmospheric Environment. 38:5283-5294.
- Liu Q.-T, Diamond ML, Gingrich SE, Ondov JM, Maciejczyk P, Stern GA. (2003) Accumulation of metals, trace elements and semi-volatile organic compounds on exterior window surfaces in Baltimore. Environmental Pollution, 122:51-61.
- Maciejczyk PB, Kidwell CB, Ondov JM. (2002) System for precise control of volumetric flow rate during sampling with a cascade impactor. Aerosol Science and Technology. 36:397-406.
- Heller-Zeisler SF, Borgoul PV, Moore RR, Smoliar M, Ondov JM. (2000) Comparison of instrumental and radiochemical neutron activation analysis methods with Thermal-ionization Mass Spectrometry for iridium determinations in atmospheric trace studies. J. Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, 244:93-96.
- Suarez AE, Caffrey PF, Borgoul PV, Ondov JM, Divita F, Jr. (1998) Use of an iridium tracer to determine the size distribution of aerosol emitted from a fleet of diesel sanitation trucks. Environmental Science and Technology, 32:1522-1529.
- Wu CC, Suarez AE, Lin ZB, Kidwell CB, Borgoul PV, Ondov JM, Sattler B. (1998) Application of an iridium tracer to determine soot exposure to students commuting to school on Baltimore public buses. Atmospheric Environment, 32:1911-1919.
- Hoff, J., Borgoul, P.V., Ondov, J.M., Kelly, W.R., Chen, L.T. (1998) Feasibility of applying a new tracer for direct determination of dry particle deposition. J. Air & Waste Management, 48:721-728