Visiting Assistant Professor of Marine Science
- Dalhousie University Interdisciplinary Studies, Ph.D.
- Dalhousie University Marine Affair, M.M.M.
- University of Havana Biology, B.Sc.
Interdisciplinary research in the fields of marine science, ecology, conservation, and socioeconomics with a focus on:
- Recreational fisheries
- Coastal ecology and habitat restoration
- Marine Protected Areas
- Ecological economics
- Community-based management
- Biological Oceanography
- Intro to the Oceans
- Principles of Ecology
- Tropical Marine Research in Cuba
- MacNeil, M.A., Chapman, D.D., Heupel, M. et al. (2020) Global status and conservation potential of reef sharks. Nature. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-020-2519-y
- Horta e Costa B, Angulo-Valdés J, Goncalves J.M.S, Barro P (2020) Assessing potential protection effects on commercial fish species in a Cuban MPA. Aquaculture and Fisheries, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aaf.2020.04.001
- Rennert, J.J., Shenker, J.M., Angulo-Valdés, J., and Adams, A.J. (2019) Age, growth, and age at maturity of bonefish, Albula species among Cuban habitats. Environ Biol Fish 102: 253-265.
- Hueter, R.E., Tyminski, J.P., Pina-Amargós, F., Morris, J.J., Ruiz-Abierno, A., Angulo-Valdés, J., López-Fernández, N. (2018) Movements of the silky shark (Carcharhinus falciformis) as tracked by satellite-linked tags off the Caribbean coast of Cuba. Bulletin of Marine Science. https://doi.org/10.5343/bms.2017.1162.